Tuesday, August 9, 2011

On the Good Ship Lollipop



This year after the picnic we actually took a trip downtown, which almost never happens.  My whole life we go to Chicago 2-4 times a year.  And rarely do we make an excursion into the city.  I suppose it's difficult to get all 60 (? how many? I have no idea anymore...)  of us in any one location as it is, going downtown would be insanity.  However this weekend we did venture down to Navy Pier with with a group of 9 to do some dorky touristy stuff.  Groupon for a $15 ride around the lake on a tall ship isn't so bad.  Doing these things with family is always interesting, tensions are often high (particularly on the drive downtown) but in the end we all have a nice time.  

Yea this was one of those truly dorky (and kind of awesome) rides where the ship crew dresses up like pirates and tell you really cheesy jokes like "how much did the pirate pay for his piercings?"

eh? guesses?
a BUC-AN-EAR!
yea. cheese. I know.

but it was pretty...

Uncle Stevie-Bear, who insisted in singing "On the Good Ship Lollipop" along with my parents, much to the dismay of his pre-teen daughter.  Where would any of us be without parents to embarrass us?  I am going to have such fun embarrassing mine one day... 




fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment